"Doubt yourself and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment. And you can see forever." Nancy Lopez


Friday, April 8, 2011

Tough day...

Well it was tough out there today. I knew it was going to be a struggle to get myself started today after I tested my blood sugars on the range.. was already behind the eight-ball so-to-speak. Really wish my front 9 had something to do with the fact that my swing was terrible (which its not).. or that I am not good enough (sooo not true)..or the howling wind (it was brutal, but not that bad).... or some other golf-related reason instead of a really dumb sugar problem. I just cant seem to get a handle on how to manage my diabetes when it comes tournament time. I wish I could write something poetic enough that would allow you to even remotely feel what I go through when either a high or low comes over me, but even that wouldn't do it justice. I was really hoping there was a formula or simple solution out there for me, but that just has't been the case. Right now I can only prepare and try to predict what might happen, and unfortunately my diabetes has not produced the same outcome twice. Kind of leaves me scratching my head, wondering where to go or what to do next.  I suppose the 'simple' solution is that it is just going to take time and being in those situations more.. a lot more.

Started fighting for my come-back when I did finally start feeling better and my numbers finally got in an acceptable range, which was after the turn. I actually started making rational decisions and my confidence finally returned, which is when I really started playing well. I was one over on the back 9 heading into my 18th hole (#9) and I knew I need to make birdie to have a chance to stay in the tournament. Tried to hit a shot too perfect and on the number...ended up making double, but either way I was proud that I had at least got the 'Carly' back on the course that I know and Love!! She is actually pretty good at what she does.. haha

When I finally figure this thing out... watch out golf world, cause I'm not going to be very patient to get my first win and beat this thing!!

Thanks for reading :)

Car

1 comment:

  1. Car,
    This is Audi. Don't get mad at me for posting this while you're sitting 10 feet away...
    While you didn't shoot the number you wanted, nor did the round end in the outcome you'd have hoped...you still did amazing. You were cool, calm and collective, you're numbers (sugars) beat you but you didn't beat yourself up. It's been a great trip thus far, and a learning experience that will help you in future events, future events where you'll kick ass.
    We're tan ( red and burnt) and happy.. now lets get back to the GIN TOUR.

    ReplyDelete