"Doubt yourself and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment. And you can see forever." Nancy Lopez


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Always fun learning to drive a stickshift on the streets of Mexico!

Well today began at like ahhhh 4.30am... cause Sayulita is an hour behind Puerto Vallarta and I had an early morning tee time!!! So turns out my golf game was the least exciting part of the entire day... Played golf with a 13 year old girl that basically made me feel like I took weak sauce to a whole new level since she just happened to be out driving me at 13!!! crazy!! Finished the round at El Tigre and hit the range for some extra work on my swing (cant stop moving forward in my swing to try and save my back, which felt awesome today(! After the range session we decided to go pick up the rental car.. yeah i know what your thinking WHY in the world would you rent a car in Mexico... I am still asking that question!! Anyhoot..... so we got a taxi to the airport, where the cabbie scammed me out of $2 cause I couldnt do my math quick enough! Get to rental car place where me and miss thang behind the counter didnt see eye to eye to well....in fact she couldnt even see the freaking paper work in front of her, which had everything she needed from me!! As me an Audi were waiting for the car.. I started to think..automatic or stick-shift, I never really asked that question I guess cause we definitely got the stick! I started to laugh right there and then panic! ahaha ahhh yeah the most I have driven a stick is in valet at work, which is barely gets me into second gear....


Where to even begin on our journey back to Playa Escondida with me driving a stick shift...OH did i mention the car doesnt even have a radio! Okay so only stalled out once on the way to Walmart and then again on the way out of Walmart... then we had to go on a really curvy road that was one lane with crazy mexican drivers passing at every blind spot possible. Well I knew I needed to downshift, but had never done it and then when I went to go pass this truck that was doing like 10mph... lets just say that I floored it to like 11mph and barely passed him in 4th gear.... so lesson learned about downshifting when you go from high speeds to lower speed!! I was laughing so hard I was crying, but then I realized I kinda needed to pay attention to what the hell I was doing!! I think Audi was laughing to cover up the pure Terror that I was causing her!! Then I stalled it out again on the driveway to the resort..... but we made it back safe and the car is in the driveway of our tik-house. Now whether I get the car out of the driveway or not tomorrow is a whole other adventure awaiting us in the morning!!

And if you thought the fun stopped there you would be mistaken.... there was a whole incident with a cockroach and audi standing on a chair screaming its a JUMPING ROACH... yeahhhh they FLY!!!

Well enough for now and good night!

ps my tan>>> ahemmm burn lines are awesome, so much for tanning before I left! haha

2 comments:

  1. seriously almost lissing myself ready this and imagining you two and that stupid car and audi with the cockroach!!! haha love you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. opps I meant to say pissed myself.. not lissed! haha! Im drinking by myself right now and this is hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete