"Doubt yourself and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment. And you can see forever." Nancy Lopez


Friday, March 26, 2010

Catching up....

Okay well didnt have the internet last night... but back on again! Lets see here well yesterday my stick shifting got a bit better as I made it all the way to El Tigre (golf course) only stalling once... when i freaking past all the guards at the gate to get into the golf course... then proceeded to peel out and over revv the engine cause I didnt want to stall again! haha... ha Okay so practiced a bit and was feeling a bit better about things and my sunburn! Then the real adventure started cause I had to drive in the city... seriously they need to post street signs! Couldnt find the Canopy Tour office cause the freaking street sing isnt there and all the lady kept telling Audi was what street it was on!! Well anyway about 10 minutes late and sweating cause I stalled the car like 4 times in a row with very crazy Mexican taxi drivers behind me we made it! Then I had to park the car... yeah lets just say it was a horrible experience and I never want to try and parallel park a stick shift on a hill ever Ever again!! So finally go to the Canopy tour and had a blast zipping through the jungle going upside down with no hands... so fun! *will upload pics later* After zipping through the jungle and getting annoyed by 16 year old girls on spring break (like OH my gosh) who were there with their mom... and then making fun of them with the rest of our entire tour.. I then realized I had to drive all the way back through town and thats when I started to panic! Well that an our bus guy saying that Mexicans love stealing Nissan's and me getting a sick feeling cause my clubs were in the trunk... they like stealing those over cheeeevy's (this joke is wayyy better in person, but I tell ya the guy had great timing cause I believed him.haha). Well all was right with the world because not only was my car there... I got it up the hill and didnt stall it or roll back into another car! Oh and we made it back safely!

So this morning I didnt have my practice round tee time till the afternoon, which was awesome! Again stick driving is getting better.... I think Audi finally didnt have whip-lash today from me shifting gears! But I did stall out again when I freaking pulled into my parking space.. just got so excited that I had made it all the way to the course without stalling, that I forgot to push the clutch in! Anyway.. got to the range and had a great session and then hit the links by myself and really felt good out there! Every day is feeling better and cant wait to play tomorrow! Tee Time is 12.45 off of #10... should be fun as the afternoon winds really pick up! Oh on the way home... there was a HUGE steer that just was a walking down the 2 lane crazy dangerous curvy highway.... Only in Mexico and Indiana! haha

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. What an adventure!!!! Love hearing about your trip so far. Have a wonderful day today. Believe, trust and enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play well, have fun, and take it low.....

    ReplyDelete