"Doubt yourself and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment. And you can see forever." Nancy Lopez


Friday, March 26, 2010

Carly...I'm too young to die!

Well those were the words out of my cousin's mouth when she was in the back seat as I drove her back to Sayulita after she came to watch me play... apparently my diving skills with a stick shift are a bit off! Especially when I tried driving like a local and took the sweeet Nissan off roading cause it definitely got around traffic a lot quicker!


Off to today's round! Well woke up and felt like a bus had hit me.. and there was a ninja in my head (and it wasnt from alcohol).... I felt and still feel like I am coming down with the flu AGAIN! ... So I had that going for me today! .. Thankfully I made it through my round!

So front 9... yeah was a tad nervous since this was the first tournament since November! Was a little pumped and was struggling to find my yardages as I was hitting the ball a bit farther than I have been. The wind also was a huge factor...afternoon tee times definitely got hit the hardest!  #11 Hit my drive way past what I had played it as all week and was between yardages and into the wind. Took the longer club and flew it past the pin into the water...  double! Other oops came on a par 3 #16 which probably was playing 178 into the a strong crosswind that I just left short in the bunker. Hit a great bunker shot to like 10 feet and then made a rookie mistake and tried to putt out when I should have marked and there was my second double of the front 9. Made some really good swings coming in and the rest of the round to salvage my 75 (par 73). Overall felt awesome to end on a birdie and close out my round!

Okay well I am off to dinner.... hopefully everything stays down and my fever goes down!

4 comments:

  1. Go to pharmacia. Really good finish. Hope u feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice turn around... you are sitting well compared to the field I likee... go looowww you got itt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Car! Just play your game, you know you can do it, and you'll be on top. Take some drugs and get some rest, and play the game you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Car! Just play your game, you know you're good, and you will be right up with the leaders. Take something for the flu and get some rest, late tee time should help but watch the wind! Keep it low.

    ReplyDelete